The Meditteranan Food Warehouse Pizza Parlour


When we had our floorboards under construction recently, we had to operate without a kitchen - which meant a lot of eating out.  We tried the Mediterranean Food Warehouse Pizza place in Kelburn.

Its a nice, cheap eat (though pizza pomodoro in Wellington do a better Italian pizza).  BM was intrigued by the taro cake on the menu.  I hadn't had taro before I came to New Zealand (apologies if I'm preaching to the choir).  Its a tuber veggie and is really common in Polynesia (and increasingly New Zealand).  It has a sweet nutty flavour.  I still haven't cooked it at home though and am pretty sure they added food dye!

*** Giveaway details: http://crafty-mermaid.blogspot.com/2011/09/15-followers.html***

Comments

  1. I have never heard of taro cake before but it looks very nice!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The great WSBN sewing room tour

Siding stories