A weekend trip to Martinborough

Winter is a long, long season without the bright lights and celebrations of Christmas and New Years to break it up.  This year BM and I took a weekend trip to Martinborough in one of the wine producing regions of New Zealand.  I started the weekend with a hot stone massage and it ended with a refreshing juice and nibbly chocolate.



I booked BM and I into a Bach (holiday home) in Martinborough.  I was much impressed by the bright blue kitchen splashback and the beautifully warm wood stove.

The house would be great in summer as the living room/kitchen opens on to the deck.

And around the corner is a very pleasant surprize - a wonderful hot tub.

We ended our first evening with dinner in the Martinborough hotel


A yummy souffle for BM and a fresh bread and dip for me.



We both had a duck based main - yum yum!

And BM had cheese for dessert.  So appetizingly presented that I had to steal a photo and some cheese!

We went on a tour of some of the wineries the next day and I'll sort through the photos and post about that soon!  (And yes, to my Christmas visitors, you will be going to Martinborough, there will be a quiz so pay close attention!)

*** Giveaway details: http://crafty-mermaid.blogspot.com/2011/09/15-followers.html*** 

Comments

  1. What a beautiful place to stay, and that hot stone massage sounds like a great stress buster. Thanks for popping by and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like a lovely getaway. i love the idea of staying in a home rather than a hotel for getaway, so much more relaxing.

    sounds like it was a lovely time.

    first day of fall here today which is my favorite season, but dreading winter. hope you enjoy your coming spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh you are living the dream . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just wanted so say thanks for popping by my blog! Good luck with your giveaway, you are a very talented crafter and those prizes are lovely! I haven't entered as I thought I would give your older followers a chance! I am now your newest follower tho! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic weekend away. I love staying in baches, whether the 'old school' kind or the 5-star kind, it's great being in a different four walls for a bit. The dinner and the hot tub both look heavenly from where I'm sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sounds like you having a ball love the food choices
    the pic of the daffs........... you must be so looking forward to the summer!!
    xx
    Auntie M

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The great WSBN sewing room tour

Elementary my dear Watson