wine tasting around Martinborough

The second day in Martinborough saw us touring some of the wineries for wine tasting.  I drove so BM was able to stock up our cellar (doesn't that sound grand? Actually its a few bottles in the same cupboard as our cleaning supplies!).



It can be quite good fun touring the different wineries and sometimes there's quite a drive between each of them.  Here's BM perusing the selection at one cellar door.

And here's a smaller (but very cute) cellar door.  I find the whole idea of being able to visit wineries to be a wonderful idea.  I love that the climate supports grapes here.

That evening we drove to Masterton and went to the Countryman for dinner and walked around the town first to peer in windows.  It seems that the young farmers contest was also on that weekend!

Another wonderful meal.  The presentation was seriously appealing.  Paua frittter for BM and garlic bread for me to start.





Scallops for BM and beef (I think!) for me for mains.



Followed by crumbed camenbert for BM and a sweet treat for me.  Yum yum!  It was a fun weekend.  Unfortunately I got hit by a bug and went under for a bit - but the wood stove was a god send and I snuggled down in front of a roaring fire and broke into my reading.



Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. This sounds like a great little getaway. Lovely places and the food looks divine.
    I sure could use something like it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The great WSBN sewing room tour

Elementary my dear Watson