tiki touring



A few months ago (oophs - took a long time to go through these photos!), BM and I went on a tiki tour via Martinborough and Napier to Gisborne.  We stayed in the Martinborough Hotel.  I loved the room and the hotel was cute but probably more pricey than it desired. 
 


We wandered around the antique shops in Greytown.  And almost brought this chair home (sanity returned - beautiful chair but we need a roof first!)


BM dressed appropriately for the day in art deco Napier.


 I didn't :)  But I love my shoes regardless.


The really heartening sign when we were there were the strong signs of Spring.  Napier and Gisborner are warmer than Welly and it was great to see that there was an end to the winter coming!

 
I stopped in a few second hand (op) shops on the way and really loved this shabby chic bunting.  Wouldn't suit my style but I spent a while thinking about who I could buy it for!
 


I did however come home withe a kiwiana Christmas decoration and a framed map of the East Coast.  I've done quite a bit of fieldwork up here and really like the area and given that the map colours were stunning.  It just had to be acquired!

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The great WSBN sewing room tour

Siding stories