patchwork quilting


For Christmas last year, my brother sent me a stunning Jelly Roll (strips of fabrics precut and coordinated).  I adore the different patterns and the colours are to die for!  I decided to turn it into a strip quilt.  While its not the first quilt I started I hope its going to be the first one I finish! 

I got some soft white cotton and cut out strips so that I can have a randomised strip pattern.  But I had a bit of a problem with the joining of the strips together as the weight of the sewn strips caused one side to stretch and I ended up with this unfortunate curve.  After a lot of unpicking (once I realised I would indeed have to redo) and resewing - its a far more settled affair - I still need to cut wider strips in white to place around the sides and top.  I'm hoping to make it a Queen sided blanket and already have the batting for the middle.  Still not sure on the backing though and think I'll just go with a single colour.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The great WSBN sewing room tour

Elementary my dear Watson