Getting my vintage vogue on

Last year before things got hectic and while I was in Melbourne for a few months, I decided to put my sewing skills to the test and resize a fairly basic vintage vogue pattern I fell in love with and purchased off etsy.

 

Its a quick and easy pattern so I thought it shouldn't be too hard to do a FBA and resizing. I made a muslin and then sewed up the final version.  BUT by the time I'd finally added a zip (as I'd fallen out of love with it) I was a bit too pregnant and it still doesn't fit!  Gah!  The FBA needed more FBA for my current feeding baby size so at some point in the future I wonder if it'll work again.



However, I learnt loads!  And think the pattern on the fabric is a little too busy for my liking on me (though I still love it in the abstract).  I can't remember what I did with my resized pattern pieces as it occurs to me that I'm in need of tops like this for work (but don't think I can quite face how much work it would take to get it to fit my current body shape).






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The great WSBN sewing room tour

Elementary my dear Watson