Ickle self drafted dress

Little person clothes are really fun to sew.  And they use up the scraps of fabric I have a hard time parting with!  The main downside is that the little person grows so quickly that if you don't make it up lickedy spit, it won't fit any more.  Which is pretty much what happened with this sewing adventure.



Fabric - cord and quiliting cotton with hammer in snaps
Pattern - self drafted (based on another dress LP was given and sized up and amended the neckline)





I was so pleased with the construction of this dress.  Its the first garment I've drafted from a RTW item of clothing and I amended it substantially.  I even drafted up facings.  Unfortunately I didn't have much time to actually work on anything so this probably took about a month from start to finish. By which point LP had outgrown it.  Thankfully we seem to be a in gut of babies at the moment so I was happily able to gift!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The great WSBN sewing room tour

Elementary my dear Watson